May 9, 2007

why google's still cool
(despite being just a little evil)

i just called my neighborhood tully's from google maps!

Calling Tully's from Google Maps! (1) Calling Tully's from Google Maps! (2)
Calling Tully's from Google Maps! (3) Calling Tully's from Google Maps! (4)
Calling Tully's from Google Maps! (5)
if the images aren't clear enough, feel free to click through them on flickr.

this is exactly where web2.0 or web3.x needs to go. i don't know how long has been available, but it's one of my favorite features of searching Google on my phone. other sites like Yelp mobile have also jumped on the bandwagon. i love being able to get an address, see a map, read a few reviews, and then hit "call" to get a reservation. or, in this case, to find out how late my local tully's is open. the answer is: 30 more minutes! so, i'm off to get a decaf latte to fuel my full night of work.

0 comments: