July 14, 2008

Vote for the Social Media Club's 42nd Board Member

Confession, the title of this post is a little misleading. It should probably say, "Vote for ME to be the SMC's 42nd Board Member."

For anyone following the link from the SMC post, I wanted to provide a bit of background. (I'll flush this out tonight, as I only have about five minutes to write this now.)

About me:

I am currently the Director of Integrated Marketing at NIC Inc. -- the leading provider of eGovernment portals and services in the nation (if not the world). I have worked with NIC since 1997 as a web designer, art director, marketing manager, and now as a web 2.0 and social media evangelist. NIC builds online services and web sites for 21 state governments (and 100s of local governments within our partner states).

During my stint as a consultant and freelancer, I also created MyPollingPlace.com for the People for the American Way -- a national online polling place finder -- during the 2004 presidential election. The site is now offline, but was an enormous success (almost "too successful," as we were adding additional servers all day).

I'm passionate about social media in general, but primarily its application to government and government services. If you're curious, you can find me on most social networks under the username "quepol".

Go vote -- there are 37 other names on the list, too. Just vote!

blog comments powered by Disqus